Would you like to be a part of a company who develop equipment for space?
Would you like to be a part of a company who have equipment in space? Do you want to work with tech that work in “harsh conditions”? Do you thrive in an environment in which you get exposure to the whole line of the tech, from idea to final product?
At Eidsvoll Electronics AS-EIDEL you will get the chance to take part and work with tech that are used in areas like space, aerospace, defense, security and other places where conditions are harsh on the equipment.
Welcome to EIDEL – Innovative electronics for critical applications in harsh conditions.
EIDEL was founded by Erik Olson in 1966. Erik had an innovating spirit and he was always seeking new opportunities and problems to solve. This is something that EIDEL have in their core. Today EIDEL have 26 employees and we are growing rapidly. But we aim towards keeping our growth controlled and will grow at their own controlled phase.
As an VHDL-Developer at EIDEL your focus will be to maximize EIDEL`s capacity.
At EIDEL, we consider our values important:
- Empowerment – through trust and responsibility, build confidence and self reliance to affect outcomes,
- Synergy – seek positive outcomes from utilizing the synergies between technology, knowledge and people,
- Curiosity – build an inner motivation to seek new information, insights and competency,
Why do we need someone?
Further development and design of new telemetry, aerospace, security and communication solutions within hardware. Contribute to complex and demanding international projects within these fields on an international level. Today Eidel have the expertise but need more capacity.
What is the overall responsibility in the position?
There are 2 main goals for this position:
- EIDEL needs to expand its development capacity to be able to handle several development projects simultaneously.
- They have a high proportion of new employees and need seniority which can guide them.
How will it work?
We work on projects. The flow normally in the following order requirements specification, system specification, system architecture, design documentation, development and test.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience. You have a MSc or BSc with extensive experience in VHDL code development and verification. A keen interest in Space, Defense, Security or Data Acquisition is a plus.Be able to work interdisciplinary, have a system understanding and good collaboration skills, but also be able to work independently.
Be professionally up to date, curious and enterprising.
The person we are looking for must be able to identify with our values
Knowledge and experience handling some of these technologies besides the main VHDL competence requirement:
Competence in some of the following:
- Digital circuit design: VHDL, Altera, Libero
- Digital processing: DSP, FIR, IIR, G.726 and others
- Communication standards: Ethernet, USB, CAN
- FPGA-based processors: ARM, Leon, SoC FPGA
- Must have completed projects and have system understanding
- Must speak and write English fluently.
§ Candidates must be able to achieve Norwegian security clearance
Today EIDEL have employees from Norway, France, Spain, and Slovakia.
We believe EIDEL is a great place to work and aim to give our staff the freedom they need to develop and to be innovative. Some positives about working here include:
- Follow products from ideas to being used
- Join the race to have something in space and maybe on Mars
- Office space at Eidsvoll or Lillestrøm (Kjeller)
- Continuing education relevant for EIDEL´s goals
- And finally, we offer bragging rights; you will be part of making history.
If you are someone who loves solving complex tasks and thrive in an environment with significant room for self-development and creativity, then we hope to hear from you. You can apply directly via this web form Contact – Eidel – Engelsk